Thursday, February 27, 2014

Things 4 & 5

Keeping Up and Notetaking

Keeping UP
I downloaded "FLIP".  I did not like that it automatically asked to tap into my personal accounts to find out what I like.  I connected it to my facebook acct to try to keep some privacy.  I deleted it afterwards.  The app was easy to use.  I did like flipping thru the pages.  I would have liked a few different areas to choose from for feeds.

 The older I get the less interested I become in keeping up on the news or latest greatest anything. I find my life is less stressful this way. I am very concerned about how information spreads quickly via the internet.   It reminds me of the old grapevine game. 

Notetaking
I decided to try "DRAGON".  My main reason:  You could talk to your ipad.  I like talking to the ipad.  There were some misinterpreted words but easy to correct.  And I knew what I meant.  I also liked sending these notes via email.  When I am busy I really do not have time to type into an app what I need to remember.  But saying it, would be useful.

 When it comes to keeping myself and family organized a basic electronic calendar works best.  At work I use "onenote" which is similar to the other notetaking apps.  And I have "notepad" in my yahoo.  So I feel that I am pretty organized electronically.  One more app isn't going to keep me from forgetting to put gas in the car.  I need a "PING" for that.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Sheryl! While I'm a rather heavy online infovore myself, it definitely can cause stress trying to keep up. I admire your commitment to not getting swept up in the "latest and greatest."

    If you are concerned about privacy and linking apps to your facebook account, make sure you go into the Facebook settings to completely disconnect your account from the app. Often, just deleting the app doesn't do it. Here's some instructions: http://lifehacker.com/5904590/clean-out-your-facebook-app-permissions-as-part-of-your-spring-cleaning-regimen

    And what I wouldn't give for an app to keep me from forgetting to put gas in the car.

    Great post!

    -Kaia, 23 Mobile Things Coach

    ReplyDelete