Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Thing 17

Connecting to the Community

I decided to try the Marshall Living app.  Why?  Because I  graduated from SMSU in Marshall.  Now granted it has been a few years (greater than 5 less than 50 years) but I wanted to check out the town.

I was relieved to see the Wooden Nickel was still open.  I suggest you try their "Bahama Mama's".
There are many more activities and festivals within the area.  That was one extra bonus for this app.
Smaller communities surrounding Marshall were also listed.

I think apps like this are a great way for communities to connect to people.  It provides a quick easy source of information on social media.  I'm sure if you are traveling or looking into moving or visiting a college in a community this is great way to search for info on your phone.

The state fair app will very useful in August when I need to find the best corn dog.

No comments:

Post a Comment