Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Thing 18

Education

The apps for this subject are boundless.  I looked and used 4 different ones:  Science360, MyScript, dictionary/Thesaraus and Wiki.

I very much enjoyed Myscript for math.  This is an app I would suggest for junior & senior high students primarily due to the advanced math concepts.  I think it may be to much for elementary students.   I think it lends itself well to Educreation and any homework tutoring program.

Science 360 is beautiful.  I loved the pictures, videos, lessons.  I viewed for an ipad and for desktop both were great.  I think this would be a great addition to any science display.  I[m picturing NASA, Space, Mars rover and Science360.

Wiki has definitely come a long ways since it's beginning.  I remember not suggesting it due to lack of credibility.  Now it seems to be the first source suggested.  An app for quick referencing is very handy for students, teachers and libraries.

I admit using an online dictionary/thesarus is convenient and yes I do use them.  I have to admit this is one area where I do prefer a book.  When I look a word up in a dictionary I find myself  reading more than one word.  I find dictionaries and thesarauses facinating.  I loose myself in them.  All those wonderful words.

 I want kids to discover glorious wonderful words.

No comments:

Post a Comment