Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Thing 12

Books, books & more books.



I chose to use  "Freebooks" for an app.  I loved the usability.  I liked how I could browse the collection.  Add my choices to my bookshelf.  And I was impressed with how easy it was to read the book.  I chose "Huckleberry Finn" by Mark Twain.  It even remembers my place within the book.
It really was like reading a book.

My second selection was the YALSA app.  I selected this app because my biggest weakness in my personal reading genre is Teen.  Let's face it nobody wants to relive their teen years not even in a book.  I liked the "Hot Pics" and the Award lists.  I browsed the choices to find some very interesting reads.  I also liked how you could tap on "Find" and the app found a copy within our library. 

I do agree that it is our job to connect people with information even when it is online.  Thing 12 definitely helped me learn how to work with online books.  I feel more comfortable referring customers to online genre.

I personally will keep reading paper books.  A book is warm. 

No comments:

Post a Comment