Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Thing 23

That's the end?

It is sad to see another 23 things wind down.  I am so glad this training program was brought back.  I truly enjoyed it.

My learning curve on this program started at ground zero.  I hadn't touch a tablet or tried any apps.

I learned how to use an IPad and discovered I really enjoyed them.  I mentioned to my co workers that I think the next time there is an upgrade we will find ourselves working on tablets rather than computer terminals.  This  was part of the reason I chose to participate.

The App world is astounding.  I had no idea there were so many.  I always assumed they were geared toward entertainment and games too.  I think it is important for us to know apps to better connect our  patrons.  We link people to information.  Information comes in the form of paper or electronic.

I also chose to give myself an additional challenge.  There are patrons who have their own technology and then there are those who rely on us for their technology.  I decided to rely on the library for my source.  I had to come into the library and use our ipad.  I also had to think about which apps to download, sign into, and then keep or remove.

This definitely affected my learning curve.  Half way through I became very frustrated and considered just buying my own tech or quitting 23 things.  I reconsidered and finished.  I can understand how difficult it is to rely on an outside source for your information. 

Thank you for the opportunity to expand my technology knowledge.

Good luck to everyone and I hope to see you all at the finish line!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment